I'm listening to the rain pour down outside my window and staring down a pile of gear that's in need of a little TLC. Shoulder season is the perfect time to take stock of your gear. What needs to be washed? Repaired? Donated? Replaced?
Quality gear care is critical to extending the life of your stuff, which in turn saves you money and keeps garbage out of landfills! Here are a few resources to consider as you're waiting out the rain!
1. "The Shower Rule" from Kristina Ciari Tursi:
2. How To Clean Your Gore-Tex pieces:
3. How To Patch Gore-Tex Pieces:
4. How to Wash Down Pieces (the same advice for jackets can be applied to sleeping bags! Whatever you do, ensure it's SUPER dry or the clumpy down won't loft):
5. How To Patch Down Pieces:
6. How To Sharpen Crampons:
7. How To Wax Skis and Snowboards
That ought to get everyone going while the rain pours down! Questions? Let me know!