I'm the kind of person who resists wearing boots whenever possible. I prefer the weight and feel of trailrunners as I cruise up and down the trail. They offer stability, sticky rubber, and the breathability I want when I'm outside. Nevertheless, finding something comfortable for my wide foot has been tricky. Enter the Norvan VT GTX.
Lightweight yet supportive, they have become my go-to for everything from day hikes to summit scrambles! I wore them on the summit of Shuksan, all the way up and down Glacier Peak via the Gerdine Ridge, and even out and about in town!
- adjustable lace system for extra support on the downhill
- super rad colors
- supportive and comfortable, even for my wide feet
- not available in metallic colors
- better suited for lighter pack loads
- mesh side vents are susceptible to tearing in heavy scree
All things considered, this is a great shoe that I will wear until they give out, and then get another pair!